Faculty of Physics
Phone: +49 89 2180-3703
Further affiliation: Research Professor and Vice Director of the Secure Computation Laboratory at the University of Connecticut Link
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Oxford University
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, TU Munich
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, TU Berlin
My research interests include PUFs, Physical Cryptography, Disorder-based Security, Nano-Security, Cryptography and Complexity Theory at large.
Awards and Honors
- Finalist of the Nationwide Mathematics Competition in Germany
- Scholarship by the Federal State of Bavaria, Germany
- Scholar of the Stiftung Maximilianeum, Germany
- Best Paper Award at ISIC 2009
- Best Paper Candidate at HOST 2011 and CHES 2012
- Founder and Co-Chair of the ASHES workshop at ACM CCS
- PC member at HOST 2011, HOST 2012, HOST 2015, CHES 2015, HOST 2016, AsianHOST 2016, IEEE S&P (“Oakland”) 2016, HOST 2017, AsianHOST 2017, HASP 2017, WISA 2017, ASHES 2017 (PC Chair), IEEE S&P (“Oakland”) 2017, IEEE S&P (“Oakland”) 2018, HOST 2018, AsianHOST 2018, WISA 2018, ASHES 2018, ACM CCS 2018, AsianHOST 2019, WISA 2019, ASHES 2019, ACM CCS 2019
- Special session organizer at DATE 2014 on “How Secure are PUFs Really? On the Reach and Limits of Recent PUF Attacks”. Together with Wayne Burleson, Marten van Dijk, Farinaz Koushanfar, Ulf Schlichtmann, and Jean-Pierre Seifert.
- Guest editor at the IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 2019 on “Emerging Attacks and Solutions for Secure Hardware in the Internet of Things”. Together with Chip-Hong Chang, Marten van Dijk, and Mark M. Tehranipoor.
- Associate Editorships: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), Journal of Cryptographic Engineering (JCEN) at Springer, Journal of Hardware and System Security (HaSS) at Springer, EURASIP Journal on Information Security at Springer.
For a complete and updated list of publications, please see my Google Scholar profile.
Bachelor's/Master's Theses (since 2020)
- Alexander Lankheit
- Oliver Linne
- Michael Lachner
- Sebastian Gavra
- Fynn Kappelhoff
- Katja Geirhos
- Shu Chen
- Jonas Dellinger
- Roman Anasal
- Qinzi Li
- Philip Rebeschini
- Veronika Bauer
- Xiao-Ting (Michelle) To
- Serif Cem Atalay
- Mihnea Creanga
- Peter Eder
- Patrick Schuster
- Lara Obrenovic
- Fiona Moreno
- Niels Dörre